Visitors to Sight & Sound Theatres in Branson will experience a trip back in time with the opening of “Joseph” on April 14th 2012. This original musical production of “Joseph” tells the story of dreams and the power of forgiveness with unique and visionary production qualities audiences could only expect from Sight & Sound Theatres.
With a 300-foot stage that wraps around three sides of the audience, the set will showcase a 30-foot-high Egyptian palace. It will be a feast for the senses including:
- An epic soundtrack with 13 original songs by composer Don Harper whose credits include National Treasure, National Treasure 2, & Disney’s Lion King.
- A cast of more than 40 professional actors
- Dozens of live and exotic animals
- A family-friendly script appropriate for all ages
- Several large scale and interactive production numbers
- Special effects including large scale media projections, flying rigs & atmospheric elements that allow audiences to witness Joseph’s dreams come to life
- And Sight & Sound’s own interpretation of Joseph’s colorful coat
“We believe Joseph’s inspiring journey and the restoration of his family is especially relevant today and will speak to our audiences on so many levels,” said Josh Enck, producer and co-writer of the show.
Sight & Sound Theatres is the nation’s largest Christian theatre company with locations in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, and Branson, Missouri. While it is a ministry, the company is not affiliated with any external organization or any particular church denomination. It is a for-profit organization and operates without charitable support.
Sight & Sound’s purpose is to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ by visualizing and dramatizing the scriptures, through inspirational productions, encouraging others and seeking always to be dedicated and wise stewards of God-given talents and resources.